Friday, July 16, 2010

The Six Rupee Treasure Chest.

Oh the holidays! One of the most long and overstretched time of the year! And the ones I like the least- because, sitting at home, I end up not doing anything, other than playing mindless games, or sleeping. Utter shambolic use of time. As otherwise, I fully accept that I do not make a prudent use of my holidays. But this holidays, it was a bit different. I was devoted- initially to my love for music. I played my harmonium for hours on end, every day. I was devoted- secondly, to learn all the words for GRE, which I must admit, I am miserably poor at. I sat for hours on end, reading those cards-to little effect. Unfortunately, there are always distractions in form of the world cup, computer games and other worldly things. But suggesting that I only made myself available to these things would be totally wrong.

Most Importantly, It was my great yearning to understand Hinduttva better that kept me motivated throughout the summer- as can be viewved from a few of my earlier posts. But then, life, as unpredictable as it is, posed me with a few delicate questions, which undoubtedly needed some much needed introspection. The world paints a better picture after such activities- and mostly, it is not at all rosy. I was afraid to take this thorny path. Too frightened.

Too far, have baseless ideas, sentiments, manipulated my mind-sometimes, using it for their advantage. And I was foolhardy and gulliable enough to let them manipulate. Not any more. These events, accumulating and saturating me over the past many years, had become unbearable. My emotional state was bordering that of cynisism- to such a great extent, that sometimes, I did not even answer the phone calls of three of my best friends who have been pillars of strength. I was indeed a pessimistic wreak.

I tried a whole load of things- play computer games for hours and hours. It made me feel temporarily good, but then, a few hours later, it felt that there is nothing more to do. Music and Savarkar kept me from doing silly things. Meanwhile, I also tried to find out other means- but to no avail.

And today, when the new academic year is about to start- I discovered the remedy for my deranged mind. A remedy, of which only one tenth dose is sufficient to bring about changes as experienced today . A remedy that is sure to erase all evil that dwells in me and around me. A remedy I sincerely hope will catch this ever wavering mind, anchor it firmly, and make it transcend to heights which are otherwise unfathomable. I am confident that unlocking my mind to this remedy, and swaying in the beauty of its healing touch ,will surely be one of the most significant things that I ever did. One thing is certain that it will be the guideline for the rest of my life. I have indeed unearthed a six rupee treasure chest, which, in its gist explains

ॐ पूर्णमदः पूर्णमिदं पूर्णात् पूर्णमुदच्यते ।
पूर्णस्य पूर्णमादाय पूर्णमेवावशिष्यते ॥

No comments:

Post a Comment