Thursday, October 21, 2010

Welcome Back Chinya!

Phew!! Finally had some time to write! A long long break. And, don't get me wrong, it feels extremely good to start writing again. Well, for starts its been an extremely hectic, packed semester. juggling between academic subjects, labs, project, GRE, TOEFL, applications, continuous evaluation surprise tests, labs, vivas, labs, submissions, and finally labs again, there is hardly time to do anything worthwhile. Most often than not, I come home extremely knackered, and spend my evening trying to write a program for PB. And my god its so time consuming! By dinner time I hardly have any energy left to do anything.

Weekends are a bit of a respite, but then, most of the time is again dedicated for project, which is proceeding at a slow, but steady pace. Saturday evenings are reserved for a new found hobby- learning Sitar. Its rather weird, that after a session of 3 hours(Saturday evening 7.30 to 10-30 usually) of me playing extremely bad sitar, Ranade Sir playing out of this world, and others more often than not playing very well, the parts that ache the most are the legs! The 1st two fingers of the left hand get severe burn marks and cuts due to pulling the strings. But as I always wanted to pull strings in at least some activity, those are forgotten.(sorry for the most pathetic joke I've ever come up with). Learning the Sitar has opened up a whole new world for me. I had no idea that the instrument would be SO complicated to play! it sounds straightforward when you hear it!

There is so much more to do, and I virtually dont have any time at all! I had certain things that I really wanted to do before I completed my engineering, and one of them is pestering me a lot these days. This is my plan of making a photographic tour of the city of Pune. Next year, maybe for job, or may be for MS, I will most likely be out of the city. And considering the fact that I love it to the core(yes, my email id has a mention of me being a punekar in it) I will sorely miss it. So wherever I go, if I make a great photographic collection of my hometown, the impact of separation would be a little less severe.

I have blabbered so much!! god! but it felt really good to write after a long long time! Before I finish today, I wanted to share a few pictures of a particular "Shindi" tree outside my house. for some odd reason, I really like that tree. Maybe, its because it stands way way higher than the trees near my house, or maybe because it houses atleast a dozen pair of weaver birds. I dont know why. but somehow, I have started liking the tree. A usual relaxation in the evening usually involves staring at the tree, listening to one of the many Yamans/Yaman Kalyans I have. And each and every time, I get a totally different feeling under similar surroundings.
So, here are the pictures, (and after that, I shall end this post.)

 Yaman by Mukul Shivputra when this pic was taken.

 Sandeeps Yaman when this was taken.

 Appa Jalgaonkars Yaman Kalyan when the pic was taken

Ustad Shahid Parvezs Yaman when the pic was taken.

(P.S. my next post will be interesting- this is to those who think I should write funny stuff. It will contain two extremely weird and comical dreams than I have had)

No comments:

Post a Comment