(To read the 2nd part of the Lingo series, click here.)
1) Awraa... I dont know how to explain this in english. It has no parallel. If anyone says or does anything not ordinary, thats the typical reaction. "Awraa..."
For some reasons I had missed these. Added after being pointed out by the likes of MadB,Andaksh and others.
1) Haat var zalet.. means hands held high.. situation is out of control.
"Aarreee yaar!! parikshemule haat var zalet maze!"
2) Cheap pana: Universally used to describe anything that you dont want!
"Arre kay cheap pana ahe ha!! roj roj kay pariksha"
3)Vayaaaa means waste... used to describe person, behaviour, anything!
"Arre Zampya vayaa ahe full.. kiti vayaaa vagato!"
4) Phupphha: Its an abbreviation and apabhraunsh of fully faltu. the word was coined by me and Sushya.
"Ricky Ponting jagatla saglyat Phupphha manus ahe"
5)Majjor/ Infinite: Exaggerated claims.. Used to increase the strength of your claims.
"Arre Zampye aaj kal Majjor/Infinite dokyat jaato rao!"
6) Kissa: Kissa is a retrospect of something that a person does not usually do. An act which receives lot of attention, and the person responsible gets lots of flack, then it is a Kiss.
"Arree.. Zampya ani tyachi girlfriend rastyat bekkar bhandat hote.. Vadheev Kissa hota!"
I dont know how i forgot this. But Piyusha Dani would have killed me if id have not written this! (25-May-2011)
7) Chiwda : Utter Chaos. Similar to raadaa, although less intense.
"Arre mitranno! mazya profile picture var jara kami commenting kara! kaay chiwdaa karun thevlay ithe saglyanni!"
To read the 2nd part of the Lingo series, click here.