Pages

Saturday 6 March 2010

पृथ्वीचे प्रेमगीत

For some reasons which I wont disclose, I was in an extremely bad mood yesterday night and today morning. Infact, when I woke up this morning, I was so irate, that i was finding it difficult to concentrate on any one thing that I had planned to do. Normally, I bottle up my emotions, but this time, a volcano of thoughts was pouring out of my mind. I made a decision to calm myself down.

One of the methods in which I do this is by music. But then, I was not in the mood to listen to any music. So the next best option- read Kusumagraj! I consider myself really fortunate that my parents have always encouraged me to read marathi poetry. And I, now, appreciate it more than ever. It provides you with a different dimension- you actually think, you divert your energies to the poem, and then the subtle metaphors catch you, making you forget all your troubles.

Today, I read about 8 poems by Kusumagraj. Many of them, I have already posted. This one though, really hit me today like an arrow. Its a rather unusual concept in that its a poem on the love of Earth for the Sun. I wont disclose anything, as one must appreciate the poem in the way he/she sees it. So without any much further talk, I present the poem, called "पृथ्वीचे प्रेमगीत"

 पृथ्वीचे प्रेमगीत

युगामगुनी चालली रे युगे ही
करावी किती भास्करा वंचना
किती काळ कक्षेत धावू तुझ्या मी
कितीदा करू प्रीतिची याचना!

नव्हाळीतले ना उमाळे, उसासे
न ती आग अंगात आता उरे
विझुनी आता यौवानाच्या मशाली
उरी राहिले काजळी कोपरे!

परी अंतरी प्रीतिची ज्योत जागे
अविश्रांत राहिले अन जागती.
न जाणे न नेणे कुठे चालले मी
कळे तू पुढे आणि मी मागुती!

दिमाखात तारे नटोनी थटोनी
शिरी टाकिती दिव्य उल्का-फुले
परी तुझ्या मूर्तिवाचून देवा
मला वाटते विश्व अंधारले!

तुवा सांडलेले कुठे अंतराळात
वाचुनिया दिव्य तेजःकण
मला मोहण्यास बघे हा सुधांशू
तपाचार स्वीकारुनी दारूण

पिसारा प्रेमाचा उभारून दारी
पहाटे उभा शुक्र हा प्रेमळ
करी याचना प्रीतिची लाजुनी लाल-
होऊनिया लाजरा मंगळ!

निराशेत सन्यस्त होऊन बैसे
ऋषींच्या कुळी उत्तरेला ध्रुव
पिसाटापरी केस पिंजारुनी हा
करी धुमकेतू काढे आर्जव!

परी भव्य ते तेज पाहून पुजून
घेऊ गळ्याशी कसे काजवे!
नको क्षुद्र शृंगार तो दुर्बळांचा
तुझी दूरता त्याहुनी साहवे!

तळी जगणारा निखारा उफाळून
येतो कधी आर्जवाने वर
शहारून येते अंग, तुझ्या
स्मृतीने सुरे अन सले अंतर!

गमे की तुझ्या रुद्र रुपात जावे
मिळोनी गळा घालुनिया गळा
तुझ्या लाल ओठातली आग प्यावी
मिठीने तुझ्या तीव्र व्हाव्या कळा!

अमर्याद मित्रा, तुझी थोरवी अन
मला ज्ञात मी एक धूलीकण
अलंकारण्याला परी पाय तुझे
धुळीचेच आहे मला भूषण!

kusumagraj

No comments:

Post a Comment